Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)-owned businesses. NGLCC offers targeted job opportunities as well as a multidisciplinary internship program. Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
To learn about open positions at the NGLCC, please explore the opportunities below.
Full Time Position:
- Coordinate all engagement opportunities with leaders of NGLCC’s 44 affiliate chambers across the country
- Coordinate and support all Affiliate Chamber Council leadership activities, working closely with National and Regional chairs
- Serve as first point of contact for department activities, communications, inquiries, etc.
- Manage and promote all programs within the department
- Assist in maintaining the NGLCC's relationship with government agencies and other partnerships and coalitions, including representing the NGLCC in an official capacity and joining other members of the policy team in meetings
- Work with the Senior Vice President, Vice President and Affiliate Relations and External Affairs Fellow to draft, and submit policy memorandums, letters, editorials, and other communications to NGLCC staff and external audiences
- Execute and manage tactical partnerships and other organizational allies and federal agencies
- Serve as NGLCC’s primary point of contact for incoming external phone calls
- Manage smooth operation of NGLCC’s fourth floor offices
- Manage smooth operation of NGLCC’s weekly staff meeting
- Assist the Assistant to the President & CEO and Office Administrator with administrative and operational needs
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in this cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Enthusiasm and dedication toward advancing the LGBT business community
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities, and manage multiple tasks
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven relevant experience
NGLCC Fellowship Program
The NGLCC Fellowship Program offers stipend positions to graduate students looking for part-time to full-time work while pursuing their studies. We offer fellowships in the following areas:
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
NGLCC is currently seeking a Global Fellow as part of our Fellowship Program:
- Support NGLCC Global’s objectives of connecting with LGBT-owned businesses outside of the United States by managing the International LGBT Supplier Registration and maintaining meaningful engagement with NGLCC registered suppliers.
- Assist in processing applications for International LGBT Supplier Registration through the MyNGLCC online registration portal.
- Organize regular teleconferences and webinars for international LGBT businesses on a variety of business topics.
- Contribute to periodic department outreach, including drafting online newsletters, blog posts, reports, etc.
- Represent NGLCC Global at events and activities related to the LGBT small business community and the movement for global LGBT human rights.
- Provide research, writing, and administrative support to the NGLCC Global department and organization at large as needed.
- Background in International Relations, International Development, or related academic fields
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proven record of impeccable customer service
- Knowledge of Spanish is preferred
- The NGLCC Fellowship Program is designed to last the duration of one to two university semesters with flexibility to accommodate academic schedules.
- NGLCC requires a minimum commitment of 25 to 30 hours per week.
- Compensation will be in the form of a $1,000 monthly stipend.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line "NGLCC Global Fellow." Any questions about the position can also be directed to [email protected].
- The deadline to apply for this fellowship is the close of business on April 1, 2016.
- Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT individuals, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- A PDF version of this job description can be downloaded here.
NGLCC Corporate Partner Integrity Staffing Solutions is the NGLCC Fellowship Program Partner.
NGLCC Internship Program
The NGLCC Internship Program is for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC is always accepting applications for internships in the following areas of interest:
- Meetings & Events
- Government Affairs
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.