Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)-owned businesses. NGLCC offers targeted job opportunities as well as a multidisciplinary internship program. Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
To learn about open positions at the NGLCC, please explore the opportunities below.
NGLCC Fellowship Program
The NGLCC Fellowship Program offers stipend positions to graduate students looking for part-time to full-time work while pursuing their studies. We offer fellowships in the following areas:
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
Supplier Diversity Fellowship
- Support the Supplier Diversity department’s goals of reaching LGBT-owned businesses, guiding them through the certification process, and maintaining their engagement with the NGLCC
- Work with NGLCC constituents to schedule in person meetings related to the certification process
- Assist in organizing monthly teleconference and webinars for LGBTBEs on a variety of business topics
- Support SDI department in providing exceptional service to requests from business owners utilizing NGLCC’s programs
- Schedule appointments for departmental staff and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensure that the Supplier Diversity department’s hardcopy and electronic records are organized and up to date
- Troubleshooting with applicants in online certification portal
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Experience working on a team
- Proven record of impeccable customer service
- Experience with CSM platforms or tools a plus (salesforce, iMS, etc.)
- The NGLCC Fellowship Program is structured to last the duration of one or two university semesters with flexibility to accommodate academic schedules
- NGLCC will be flexible to accommodate a student’s class schedule
- Commitment of 25 to 30 hours per week required
- Compensation will be in the form of a $1000 monthly stipend
- Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Supplier Diversity Fellow." Any questions about the position can also be directed to [email protected].
Affiliate Relations, External Affairs, & Policy Fellowship
- Gain understanding of the LGBT business movement, especially in the realm of supplier diversity, corporate procurement, and NGLCC’s powerful network of affiliate chambers and certified LGBT business owners
- Meet and interact with corporate partners, LGBT business owners, affiliate chamber leaders, and policy makers
- Assist in marketing the benefits of program participation to NGLCC constituencies
- Draft correspondence and communications for key audiences
- Support the NGLCC in matters pertaining to policy, research, and government relations
- Work with the Senior Vice President and Manager of Affiliate Relations, External Affairs, & Policy to prepare, draft, and submit policy memorandums, letters, editorials, and other communications to NGLCC staff and external audiences
- Monitor the Federal Register to observe relevant rulings and legislation that may impact the mission of the NGLCC
- Provide support in outreach and engagement with NGLCC’s national and international affiliated chambers of commerce
- Assist in maintaining the NGLCC's relationship with government agencies and other partnerships and coalitions, including representing the NGLCC in an official capacity as Affiliate Relations and External Affairs Fellow and joining other members of the policy team in meetings
- Will be provided with office space and support other members of staff as appropriate
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in this cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Enthusiasm and dedication toward advancing the LGBT business community
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set and implement priorities, and manage multiple tasks
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Graduate students with an interest in business development, supply chain diversity, marketing, entrepreneurship, policy, government affairs, and the LGBT rights movement.
NGLCC Corporate Partner Integrity Staffing Solutions is the NGLCC Fellowship Program Partner.
NGLCC Internship Program
The NGLCC Internship Program is for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC is always accepting applications for internships in the following areas of interest:
- Meetings & Events
- Government Affairs
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.