Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)-owned businesses. NGLCC offers targeted job opportunities as well as a multidisciplinary internship program. Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
To learn about open positions at the NGLCC, please explore the opportunities below.
Director, Supplier Diversity
- Report to Senior Vice President
- Lead NGLCC Supplier Diversity Team
- Oversee NGLCC certification program and process
- Provide and oversee connections and engagement between LGBTBEs, corporations, and government
- Manage communications and marketing to LGBTBEs and potential LGBTBEs
- Collaborate with NGLCC’s network of local affiliate chambers
- Drive cross-departmental collaborations enterprise-wide, including with the Senior Executive Team
- Oversee educational programming for LGBTBEs
- Maintain accurate reporting to Senior Executive Team
- Drive all departmental goals, including the recruitment and retention of LGBTBEs
- Drive connections and engagement between LGBTBEs and Corporate and Government contracting opportunities in collaboration with Corporate Relations, External Affairs, and Stakeholder Engagement teams
- Drive and oversee all maintenance and innovation of departmental data systems
- BA / BS degree or higher or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of supplier diversity experience
- Customer service focused
- Passion for helping others succeed
- Attention to detail
- Solid communication skills, written and oral
- Must be adept at problem solving
- Must have leadership skills
- Active listening skills
- Must be open to domestic travel
- Public speaking and facilitation skills
Women, ethnic minorities, LGBT, veterans and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
NGLCC Fellowship Program
The NGLCC Fellowship Program offers stipend positions to graduate students looking for part-time to full-time work while pursuing their studies. NGLCC currently does not have any openings for fellowships, but we update our site regularly. Please check back again soon.
We offer fellowships in the following areas:
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
NGLCC Corporate Partner Integrity Staffing Solutions is the NGLCC Fellowship Program Partner.
NGLCC Internship Program
The NGLCC Internship Program is designed for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC accepts interns on a rolling basis. Interns are expected to work with every department within NGLCC to get a sense of their entire organization and expand their learning opportunities. Applications are available here. Please note that the application process for Summer 2017 internships is closed.
- Affiliate Relations, External Affairs, Advocacy, & Policy
- Corporate Relations & Supplier Diversity
- Digital Media & Communications
- Meetings & Events
- NGLCC Global
While working at the NGLCC, the intern will assist with:
- Assist in drafting correspondence to an international/national audience (key stakeholders, affiliates, constituents, press)
- Participate in webinars and education events on behalf of NGLCC
- Attend external meetings on behalf of NGLCC
- Research and monitor current affairs as they relate to global LGBT rights
- Any and all events that NGLCC will be hosting
- Office administration (answering phones, preparing and collecting packages)
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university
- Ability to take initiative and work alone when needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in a cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, application, and a brief writing sample (approximately 2-3 pages), and hours of availability to the Internship Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
NGLCC provides internships on a semester basis – if your school uses a different time format, contact us, and we will discuss further provisions. Please indicate whether you are eligible to receive academic credit for your internship.