What is the NGLCC XLR8 Certified LGBT Business Enterprise® (LGBTBE®)
Capacity Development Program?
This comprehensive initiative expands upon many of NGLCC’s award-winning programs to fund, train, and elevate LGBT-owned businesses and to help them create sustainable and meaningful growth for their companies.
In partnership with Wells Fargo and Dell Small Business, XLR8 is designed to help LGBT-owned businesses grow and succeed in a highly competitive market. The program consists of a series of by-application cohorts of NGLCC Certified LGBTBE® companies distinguished by revenue (businesses ranging from $100,000 to $999,999, $1 million to $3.99 million, and $4 million+ in annual revenues, as well as start-up companies and those with less than $100,000 that have high-growth potential).
The program will provide online executive management education programs, teaming with academic institutions, private sector companies and subject matter experts who can work with these owners on a project of importance to their company that will result in tangible and measurable outcomes related to the education received through the XLR8 program.
XLR8 will focus on:
- economic and business recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic
- management and leadership innovation
- access to capital and financial literacy
- pre and post event mentoring
- team development
- marketing, communications, and branding
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, during the inaugural year of the program (2020), the first two cohorts of the program will be held online, each consisting of one (1) 90-120-minute program per week for six consecutive weeks. Cohort III will be held in-person at NGLCC Headquarters in Washington, DC.
2020 XLR8 Timeline
- June 19 - July 10, 2020 | NGLCC XLR8 Cohort II Application Period
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 | NGLCC VIRTUAL XLR8 Cohort II Launch
- August 21 - September 11, 2020 | NGLCC XLR8 Cohort III Application Period
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 | NGLCC XLR8 Cohort III Launch
To apply, contact the XLR8 team
Email: [email protected]