NGLCC LGBT Sip & Pitch: BRG Special Edition | Presented by Ernst & Young, LLP
December 14, 2021
Applications for this special edition of Sip & Pitch are due Wednesday, November 3 at 11:59pm PT. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
Business Resource Groups (BRGs) activate employees and team members to engage in the business of our companies by leveraging their diversity. Also known as employee resource groups, affinity groups, and networks, BRGs are increasingly demonstrating that they have an impact on employee engagement and contribute to the achievement of business goals via collaborations with Supplier Diversity efforts and procurement.
The 2021 NGLCC LGBT Sip & Pitch: BRG Special Edition process allows LGBTQ+ BRGs to submit for recognition of their efforts to engage with Supplier Diversity to make a difference in their organization and in the marketplace. The event, hosted virtually on Tuesday, December 14, 2021 from 3:30-5pm ET, will recognize the top three finalists as they pitch their BRG before our panel of esteemed judges.
- Each finalist will present a live, 10 min virtual BRG “pitch” for judging based on the Sip & Pitch: BRG Special Edition benchmarking
- Judging will be based on ability to demonstrate significant organizational impact in these 5 impact areas: Marketplace/Supplier Diversity Collaboration (40%), Group Structure/Governance (10%), Culture (20%), Community (20%), Outreach/Growth(10%)
The winning BRG will be awarded:
- A free screening of the award-winning film Families Like Yours for your E/BRG utilizing the Screening Toolkit presented by EY ($500 value)
- The opportunity to present to the Q1 2022 NGLCC Corporate Advisory Council
- A feature in the NGLCC Connect newsletter, blog, and social media platforms
- Recognition as the 2021 NGLCC & EY BRG Challenge Winner
- Opportunity to serve as a judge for the 2022 NGLCC & EY BRG Challenge program
Submission Tips | Making Your BRG's Application Stand Out!
- We recommend completing this application in collaboration with the BRG and the company's supplier diversity team
- Provide clear examples of BRG collaboration with Supplier Diversity, or efforts in the market to work with LGBTQ-owned businesses or entrepreneurs
- Give clear examples of BRG alignment with company business objectives
- Articulate what makes your BRG stand out in the crowd
- Size doesn’t matter! Even small BRG groups can make a big impact
The deadline to submit this application is Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 11:59PM (PT).