NGLCC Global is the international division of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. It is a network comprised of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) Chambers of Commerce and Business Networks all over the world. It is devoted to promoting economic empowerment as well as inclusive economic growth for LGBTI people and LGBTI-owned businesses. As a network, it builds on the strengths of each partner and shares best practices, while also developing a more thorough understanding of the challenges that LGBTI people and business owners face.
NGLCC Global is dedicated to advancing the economic empowerment of LGBTI people everywhere. Economic empowerment means when an individual or community has an equality of opportunity to participate in, contribute to, and benefit from the formal economy. For too many LGBTI people, discrimination, violence, and stigma limit their ability to participate in, contribute to, and benefit from such opportunities. Throughout the network, NGLCC Global promotes LGBTI economic empowerment for individuals in the labor market, for LGBTI workers in the formal sector, and for LGBTI business owners and entrepreneurs.
NGLCC Global is also dedicated to advancing inclusive economic growth for LGBTI people. Inclusive economic growth refers to the ways in which employment and financial advances apply equitably across all sectors, social groups, and socioeconomic classes. In contexts where LGBTI people experience exclusion, there is significantly less economic output, which limits any meaningful redistribution into their well-being. NGLCC Global thus works with the private sector and public sector to develop ways to understand and foster inclusive economic growth for LGBTI people.
Realizing Our Mission
To build a world in which LGBTI people can flourish in their economic opportunities, as well as an economic system that provides equal opportunities and investments in LGBTI people, NGLCC Global focuses on the following main points:
- Expand the global LGBTI business network: NGLCC Global helps build and grow more global LGBTI Chambers of Commerce and Business Networks, particularly in regions where there are no such collective endeavors.
- Scale up international Supplier Diversity: NGLCC Global aims to increase the registration of LGBTI-owned businesses to connect them with multinational corporations and international affiliate chamber leaders to increase their business opportunities.
- Collect data and generate knowledge: As numerous global institutions have shown, the quantitative data gaps on LGBTI people are enormous. Without large-scale research initiatives or governments to collect data, this undercuts the ability of LGBTI people to represent themselves, their well-being, and their livelihoods. With international and regional organizations, NGLCC Global collects data on LGBTI socioeconomic well-being, and create data-driven recommendations for the public and private sector alike.
- Convene LGBTI business leaders: NGLCC Global works year-round to connect LGBTI business owners, Chambers of Commerce and Business Networks, as well as corporate partners for business development opportunities.
Working with the Public Sector
NGLCC Global is proud to be a key collaborator of the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) LGBTI Global Development Partnership. This comprehensive, public-private partnership promotes LGBTI equality in developing and emerging markets through economic empowerment. With the partnership, NGLCC Global works with LGBTI leaders to create LGBTI Chambers of Commerce, to identify LGBTI entrepreneurs and connect them to business opportunities, and to develop innovative programs that combat economic discrimination and exclusion.
NGLCC Global provides many opportunities for our international business community to grow and connect. Interested in getting involved with NGLCC Global, attending an NGLCC Global event or getting your business or chamber registered for potential growth and networking opportunities?
- Australia - Gay and Lesbian Organization of Business and Enterprise (GLOBE)
- Canada - Canadian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- Central & Eastern Europe - East Meets West
- Colombia - Cámara de Comerciantes LGBT de Colombia (CCLGBTco)
- Costa Rica - Cámara de Comercio Diversa Costa Rica (CCDCR)
- Dominican Republic - Cámara de Comercio LGBT de la República Dominicana (CCLGBTRD)
- Ecuador - Cámara LGBT de Comercio Ecuador
- India - RWS: India's Diverse Chamber of Commerce
- India - Samavesh Chamber of Commerce
- Italy - Italian GLBT Business Chamber
- Jamaica - Jamaican Association of Diverse Businesses
- Japan - Pride Business Alliance Japan
- Mexico - Federación Mexicana de Empresarios LGBT (FME-LGBT)
- Philippines - Philippine LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Puerto Rico - Cámara de Comercio LGBTTQ Puerto Rico
- Scandinavia - Scandinavian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (SGLCC)
- Scotland - OutScotland
- Spain - Work for a Cause Foundation - WOCA
- South Africa - PLUS
- United Kingdom - OutBritain https://www.outbritain.co.uk/
- Uruguay - Cámara de Comercio & Negocios LGBT de Uruguay (CCNLGBTU)
- Venezuela - Cámara de Comercio LGBTIQ+ de Venezuela