Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) is a dynamic non-profit organization working to expand the economic opportunities of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)-owned businesses. NGLCC offers targeted job opportunities as well as a multidisciplinary internship program. Join us to work in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with creative people who want to bring about social change through economic equality.
Program Manager, Affiliate Relations & External Affairs
NGLCC is seeking a self-motivated and energetic Project Manager of Affiliate Relations & External Affairs. The Project Manager will manage the engagement and relationships with NGLCC’s 48 local affiliate chambers across the country. This individual will also represent NGLCC in the professional LGBT community across the country, increasing NGLCC’s visibility among this community. The Project Manager will develop and execute partnerships with organizations to expand the opportunities for certified LGBT Business EnterprisesÒ and expand the reach of NGLCC’s mission. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for the development, and execution of special projects relating to the increased efficiency of the department, deeper collaboration between the department and Supplier Diversity, and, above all, support of NGLCC’s 3 Guiding Principles. The Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Affiliate Relations, External Affairs & Advocacy, and the Special Assistant to the President & CEO and Office Administrator.
- Manage the administration & operation of all Affiliate Relations programming, including the Chamber Development Grant program, the Chamber Excellence Awards program, the Chamber Training Institute, the NGLCC U Chamber Academy, and Conference ACC Breakout Sessions.
- Work closely with the Affiliate Chamber Council National and Regional Chairs to support affiliate chambers with organizational development, challenges they face, and local advocacy efforts.
- Organize and represent NGLCC on monthly ACC Regional & Leadership Calls.
- Serve as main point of contact for affiliate chambers, fielding inquiries for the Senior Vice President.
- Work with individuals to form and launch LGBT business organizations, and affiliate existing organizations.
- Disseminate mass communications with Chamber Leaders on programming opportunities, application deadlines, NGLCC statements on current events, etc.
- Manage membership and regularly post communications in ACC Facebook Group
- Liaison with individual Chamber Leaders on individual questions, concerns (both theirs and ours), chamber development, etc.
- Work closely with Supplier Diversity department on training for Chamber Leaders to better market and understand certification
- Manage relationships with leaders of NGLCC’s 48 local affiliate chambers across the country
- Assist in maintaining the NGLCC's relationship with government agencies and other partnerships and coalitions, including representing the NGLCC in an official capacity and joining other members of the policy team in meetings
- Execute and manage partnerships with HRC, CIA, ICIC, and other organizational allies and federal agencies
- Represent NGLCC at local professional LGBT(Q) organization events in Washington DC
- Work with the Senior Vice President to draft and submit letters, editorials, and other communications to NGLCC staff and external audiences
- Serve as NGLCC’s primary point of contact for un-specified executive speaking engagement requests made to the organization. Evaluate the requests alignment with the NGLCC mission and coordinate with the appropriate NGLCC staff member, if necessary.
- Support all NBIC goals and initiatives, including liaising with NBIC staff members and assisting with communications.
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in this cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Enthusiasm and dedication toward advancing the LGBT business community
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial office environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, set, and implement priorities, and manage multiple tasks
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven relevant experience
SUPPLIER DIVERSITY ASSOCIATE
- Support the Supplier Diversity department’s goals of reaching LGBT-owned businesses, guiding them through the certification process, and maintaining their engagement with the NGLCC
- Assist department in guiding prospective businesses through the certification process
- Support department in providing exceptional customer service to business owners utilizing NGLCC’s programs
- Assist in preparing certification application materials and maintaining an updated database
- Manage regular online orientations which provide a comprehensive overview of the NGLCC to newly certified business owners
- Assist in marketing the benefits of program participation to NGLCC constituencies, drafting LGBTBE related correspondence, and creating profiles of business owners
- Ensure that the Supplier Diversity department’s hardcopy and electronic records are organized and up-to-date
- Oversee the direction of the SDI Fellow’s support role
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or proven relevant experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a professional environment, preferably in a client relationship or business development field
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Experience working on a team
- Proven record of impeccable customer service
- Experience with CSM platforms or tools a plus (Salesforce, iMS, etc.)
NGLCC Fellowship Program
The NGLCC Fellowship Program offers stipend positions to graduate students looking for part-time to full-time work while pursuing their studies. NGLCC currently does not have any openings for fellowships, but we update our site regularly. Please check back again soon.
We offer fellowships in the following areas:
- Corporate Relations
- Supplier Diversity
NGLCC Corporate Partner Integrity Staffing Solutions is the NGLCC Fellowship Program Partner.
NGLCC Internship Program
The NGLCC Internship Program is designed for undergraduate students looking to collect real-world work experience. NGLCC accepts interns on a rolling basis. Interns are expected to work with every department within NGLCC to get a sense of their entire organization and expand their learning opportunities. Applications are available here. Please note that the application process for Summer 2017 internships is closed.
- Affiliate Relations, External Affairs, Advocacy, & Policy
- Corporate Relations & Supplier Diversity
- Digital Media & Communications
- Meetings & Events
- NGLCC Global
While working at the NGLCC, the intern will assist with:
- Assist in drafting correspondence to an international/national audience (key stakeholders, affiliates, constituents, press)
- Participate in webinars and education events on behalf of NGLCC
- Attend external meetings on behalf of NGLCC
- Research and monitor current affairs as they relate to global LGBT rights
- Any and all events that NGLCC will be hosting
- Office administration (answering phones, preparing and collecting packages)
- Enrollment in an accredited college or university
- Ability to take initiative and work alone when needed
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to learn about and become engaged in a cutting-edge aspect of the LGBT movement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please e-mail your resume, cover letter, application, and a brief writing sample (approximately 2-3 pages), and hours of availability to the Internship Program Coordinator at [email protected].
NGLCC provides internships on a semester basis – if your school uses a different time format, contact us, and we will discuss further provisions. Please indicate whether you are eligible to receive academic credit for your internship.